1. The sub-committee shall: i. identify ways in which Hall members are able to make a greater contribution to social mobility (including but not limited to equality and diversity, inclusion and access) at the Bar; and ii. consider the Inn’s existing and proposed activities and provision and advise the Chairman of the Bar Representation Committee (“BRC”) on such changes as might improve social mobility at the Bar.
2. The sub-committee shall report to the BRC.
3. The sub-committee shall have the following responsibilities: i. Review of opportunities for members of Hall to contribute to social mobility at the Bar. ii. Identify existing initiatives to improve social mobility in which Hall members may wish to become involved. iii. Devise such new initiatives to improve social mobility at the Bar in which Hall members may wish to become involved. iv. Make such recommendations to the BRC for the furtherance of the sub-committee’s functions. v. Implement such initiatives as the BRC may from time to time direct. vi. Advise the Chairman of the BRC on any changes to the Inn’s existing and proposed activities and provision as might improve social mobility at the Bar.
4. The sub-committee shall report not less than quarterly to the BRC.
5. The sub-committee shall have a chairman who shall be a member of the BRC appointed by the Chairman of the BRC.
6. The sub-committee shall comprise members of the Inn appointed by the Chairman of the BRC. The majority of the members of the sub-committee shall be members of Hall.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
7. The sub-committee shall meet as frequently as necessary. Meetings may be held in person or via remote communication (including telephone or email) at any time.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS OF REFERENCE
8. These Terms of Reference may be amended by the BRC.