A recording of an online event organised by The Lincoln’s Inn Junior Members’ Committee with a presentation on ‘Good Financial Management for Pupil Barristers’ from Mason Bloom (Levene Chartered Certified Accountants). The event was held on Monday 22 February 2021.
Mason Bloom is a Partner at Silver Levene Chartered Certified Accountants based in the West End of London and jointly heads up the Specialist Barristers’ Unit at the Practice. They act for over 2,000 members of the BAR from Pupil Barrister’s to QC’s. They have been providing Barrister specialist services for over 50 years and know and understand your business very well. The Presentation will cover everything you need to be aware of from a taxation and good financial management perspective for when you commence your 2nd six pupillage and start trading as a Self-employed Barrister.
Key areas covered:
- Entity Regulation and Alternative Business Structures
- Four taxes relevant to Self employed Barristers
- The Self Assessment Tax Regime
- Making Tax Digital and Cloud Accounting
- Barrister Income and Expenditure Accounts
- How your tax is calculated and when it falls due
- Financial Planning and Organisation
The talk is followed by a Q&A session.
*Due to a technical problem there is a about 30 seconds missing 15 minutes into the video.