Members and Barristers
The Library is open to all members of the Inn and all members of the Bar of England and Wales, pupil barristers, clerks, and others carrying out research on behalf of barristers.
Members of the Bar in other jurisdictions are welcome to use the Library if visiting London and should contact the Librarian.
The Library’s collection is focused on the requirements of practising barristers, combining current primary sources and printed commentary with a wide range of legal databases. The Library also has an extensive historical legal collection and specialist collections of Parliamentary papers and legal sources for Commonwealth jurisdictions.
In addition to accessing the Library collections in person, barristers can take advantage of the following services:
- Order photocopies via our document supply service
- Contact our research enquiry service
- Attend research training courses presented by Library staff
The following may borrow certain categories of material:
- Barrister members of the Inn
- Members of other Inns with chambers in the Inn
- Their pupils
Please see Library Services for more information.