Working at the Inn
Lincoln’s Inn is a multifaceted organisation. This is reflected in our current and future staff members and by the job opportunities we have available at the Inn. We are proud of our record of staff retention. We offer a very attractive employment package, with very generous benefits, further details below.
Graduate Trainee (Library)
One-year post from September 2021
Deadline: 19 February 2021 at 5pm
Interview dates: Week commencing 15 March 2021
Salary: £24,500 pa
Location: Central London
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (including 1 hour paid lunch break)
Closing Date: 19 February 2021 at 5pm
How to apply: Please send your covering letter and CV to HR@lincolnsinn.org.uk
We have a new and exciting role available in our Library. We are currently looking for a Graduate Trainee (Library). Please click on the link to the right for the full Job Description.
The salary is £24,500 pa in addition to free lunch, generous pension scheme, 30+ days holidays and other fantastic benefits – see below.
During the latter part of the year the graduate trainee takes on evening duties once a week. Working hours for evening duty days are 12 noon – 8pm.
Criteria at application stage
All applicants must be educated to degree level or be an undergraduate in final year of study. In addition, the following criteria will be used to shortlist applicants for interview. Please detail how you meet criteria 1-5 in your covering letter.
1. Commitment to a career in librarianship or information work.
2. Potential aptitude for library and information work demonstrated by relevant examples drawn from university course work or work experience.
3. Considered reasons for applying for this particular graduate trainee post.
4. Good attention to detail.
5. Good IT skills, including as a minimum familiarity with Word, Excel, email and the internet.
If you are interested in applying, please send your covering letter and CV direct to HR@lincolnsinn.org.uk by 5pm on 19 February 2021.
• Generous annual leave entitlement; 30+ days
• An excellent free lunch
• A non-contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Interest-free Season Ticket/Bicycle loan
• Free Eye tests and free chiropody
• Employment Membership discounts
• Access to a confidential Employment Assistance Programme
• Bicycle stands and shower facilities
• Plenty of social events, such as staff parties, quiz nights etc.
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity and Shared Parental Leave
• Death in Service benefit
The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn is committed to ensuring both its members and staff members are treated with dignity and respect throughout their careers. We promote trust, transparency, and respect for all through robust policies and procedures.