Working at the Inn
Lincoln’s Inn is a multifaceted organisation. This is reflected in our current and future staff members and by the job opportunities we have available at the Inn. We are proud of our record of staff retention. We offer a very attractive employment package, with very generous benefits, further details below.
Senior Facilities Manager (Hard Services)
We have a new and exciting role available in our Estates Team for a Senior Facilities Manager
Senior Facilities Manager (Hard Services)
Salary: £55,000 pa
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week (including 1 hour paid lunch break)
Closing Date: 5 July 2021 at 5 pm
How to apply: Please send your CV to HR@lincolnsinn.org.uk
Purpose of the Post
To be responsible for “hard” facilities management of the Inn’s numerous and complex tenanted and collegiate buildings.
What you will be doing
The following list of duties is indicative of the nature of the post. Priorities, timescales and standards will be set in agreement with management, recognising the level of professional competence of the post-holder.
1. Arrange and oversee building maintenance and building services maintenance including term maintenance contracts for lifts and Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), of the Inn’s tenanted and collegiate buildings, ensuring maintenance and necessary repairs are undertaken within time and budget limits. This includes:
• project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors whilst ensuring minimum disruption to core activities
• calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
• ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
• check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
• use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
2. Manage the Inn’s MEP Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedule and service delivery to fit the Inn’s calendar of activities.
3. Line manage a multi-skilled in-house workforce team as well as an Assistant Facilities Manager.
4. Ensuring compliance with health & safety and other statutory requirements; maintaining records for compliance for auditors or statutory inspection bodies, identifying and reducing risks where practicable and implementing risk management requirements of insurers and the Inn’s health and safety advisers.
5. Assist on budget preparation and forecasting of service requirements of the Inn’s cyclical maintenance programmes and minor works.
6. Accurately raise Purchase Orders to enable correct recharging and to check invoices as they are received prior to passing for processing.
7. Responsible for setting up and monitoring service level agreements and contracts, ensuring service delivery and costing effectiveness; implementing change to services as required.
8. Follow the Inn’s tendering procedures, for the delivery of all contracts, minor or major works, preparing reports and committee papers for committee members approval.
9. Manage the introduction, operation and use of a CAFM system.
10. Organise purchases, monitor stocks and suppliers, negotiate prices and advise on cost effective purchase of office furniture and equipment and other items as required to ensure timely delivery, availability, quality and budget considerations for specified buildings.
11. Ensure all Facility Management policies and procedures are followed, all necessary records efficiently maintained, and all general filing carried out on a regular basis.
12. Provide estates services and administration as required, particularly (but not exclusively) for holiday and/or sickness cover.
13. Undertake other duties commensurate with the post-holder’s level of skill and experience, at the discretion of the Inn.
What you will need
1. Experience of providing quality “hard” facilities management services including the management of minor works and refurbishment projects, to customers.
2. Candidates must have MBIFM, NEBOSH or HNC in a Building Services discipline
3. An ability to comprehend a wide range of building problems from contractual law to detailed specification and design.
4. Experience of managing people.
5. Experience of managing cyclical maintenance programmes.
6. Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate works to achieve strict deadlines.
7. Knowledge of a range of procurement methods and the ability to manage service level agreements and contracts to ensure quality and cost effectiveness.
8. Good negotiating skills i.e. an ability to apply different negotiating techniques to varying situations.
9. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
10. A good understanding of Health and Safety legislation as it relates to “hard” facilities management
11. Be willing and able to adapt well to changing circumstances and be flexible to business needs
12. An ability to influence others and to contribute to the decision making process.
13. Good analytical skills i.e. an ability to develop imaginative solutions to complex building problems.
14. Demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything you do
15. Highly motivated, working to own initiative and with minimum supervision.
16. Both professional and diligent in approach and attitude, with a customer service mind set and positive attitude to work.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5 July 2021 at 5 pm
If you are interested, please see further details on our website
Or send your CV to HR@lincolnsinn.org.uk
• Generous annual leave entitlement; 30+ days
• An excellent free lunch
• A non-contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Interest-free Season Ticket/Bicycle loan
• Free Eye tests and free chiropody
• Employment Membership discounts
• Access to a confidential Employment Assistance Programme
• Bicycle stands and shower facilities
• Plenty of social events, such as staff parties, quiz nights etc.
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity and Shared Parental Leave
• Death in Service benefit
The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn is committed to ensuring both its members and staff members are treated with dignity and respect throughout their careers. We promote trust, transparency, and respect for all through robust policies and procedures.