1. Can I apply for a scholarship from more than one Inn?
For BPTC, GDL or Pupillage Awards – No and all applicant names are shared between the Inns to ensure this is adhered to.
For European scholarships such as the Pegasus – Yes.
2. Can I apply after a deadline has closed?
Applications are only accepted during deadlines outlined on our website.
3. Do I need to join the Inn before applying for a scholarship?
No, however you are required to join the Inn as part of the terms and conditions of receiving payment of an awarded scholarship.
4. Can I apply as a part-time student?
Yes and as a part time student you are able to apply for either year of your course, but may only receive one scholarship, which will cover one year of your course.
5. Do named awards carry individual financial values?
Whilst Major and Minor named awards carry value based on the merit of an applicant, the majority of Lincoln’s Inns scholarships are now means tested, bar our European scholarships.
6. Are the Inn’s Scholarships open to international applicants?
Applications from residents outside of England and Wales are accepted; however scholarships are only awarded to those who intend to practise at the Bar of England and Wales.
7. Will Lincoln’s Inn contact my referees?
The onus is on the applicant to make sure references arrive on time. The Inn does not contact referees and your application will only be considered if the Inn is in receipt of two references.
8. How will I find out if I have been selected for interview?
If you are successful at application you will be contacted via email inviting you to interview.
9. I have an additional query not covered above, whom can I contact?
Any additional queries can be directed to the Scholarships Coordinator via email.