The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) provides training that combines world leading research with an applied perspective. Their courses are designed to enable legal practitioners, government officials, students, academics, and civil society organisations to gain expert insights and to deepen their knowledge in areas of international law.
For autumn 2021, BIICL has expanded its programme of short courses to bring a wider range of international law topics to participants from across the world. Each course is convened and taught by international experts from BIICL’s own team in collaboration with external partners, combining academic expertise with practical experience in these fields of law.
The following courses are now available for booking for Autumn 2021:
- Law of the Sea, starts 22 September 2021
- International Trade Law, starts 1 October 2021
- International Migration and Refugee Law, starts 4 October 2021
- Climate Change Law, starts 5 October 2021
- Public International Law in Practice, starts 7 October 2021
- Copyright and Data, starts 15 October 2021
- Business and Human Rights, starts 27 October 2021
- Trade marks and Designs, starts 29 October 2021
- International Cultural Heritage Law, starts 8 November 2021
The virtual course format consists of a series of sessions in which live teaching is provided via Zoom. Places are limited to ensure a highly interactive experience. A limited number of scholarships are available for each course to provide financial assistance for people who cannot otherwise participate in the courses, and for people from communities that are currently under-represented in the legal community. Discounts for group bookings and student members are also available.
For further information and to book a place, please see their website.