Join conference chair Rachel Langdale QC, Chair of the Bar Richard Atkins QC and Chair of the Young Barristers’ Committee, Athena Markides at the 2019 Annual Bar Conference and Young Bar Conference. Bringing the profession together to learn from each other’s experience, gain practical insight into key issues at the modern Bar, and celebrate our achievements.
Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- Practical advice on questioning of vulnerable witnesses, parallel proceedings, and other pressing issues for criminal and family lawyers
- An investigation of the way forward for commercial disputes in uncertain times
- A look back at the first 100 years of women lawyers, and a look ahead to what the next century holds for women at the Bar
- A chance to develop your negotiation skills with a former Scotland Yard kidnap and hostage crisis negotiator
- An in-depth look at court reform developmentsInsight from a range of experts including SBA leaders, the Secret Barrister, and voices from across the Bar and judiciary