Diversity Dinner – South Asian Heritage Month (SAHM)
Join us on the eve of South Asian Heritage Month 2023 as the Inn celebrates the occasion with a reception and dinner for Benchers, Members of Hall, Students and their guests.
Lincoln’s Inn has a long and proud connection with many South Asian countries and we look forward to sharing these stories. The event will be an opportunity for celebration through food, music and discussion.
The evening will include a menu celebrating South Asian cuisine, which will be served alongside a specially curated mocktail (alcoholic options will also be available). Entertainment will be provided by acclaimed sitar player Tommy Khosla accompanied by live tabla. We are also honoured to have ghazal singer and Lincoln’s Inn member, Ms Mehtab Malhotra, perform on the night. Ms Mehtab has performed in over 650 solo concerts in the UK and abroad, and in 1998 recorded with the late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, a huge name in the Asian world of music.
We will be opening our Library to guests to show important archive material relating to figures such as Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Muhammad Iqbal, Cornelia Sorabji and Leila Seth.
We are delighted that one of the co-founder’s of SAHM, Jasvir Singh CBE will be speaking. Mr Singh is an established family law barrister who has been in practice for over 15 years, and a regular contributor to BBC Radio 4’s Thought for the Day. He was awarded an OBE in 2017 and a CBE in 2023 for his extensive community work.
Where: Great Hall, Lincoln’s Inn
When: 6.30 pm reception for 7.15 pm dinner
Dress Code: Business or Traditional dress
Ticket prices for Lincoln’s Inn members:
- Lincoln’s Inn Benchers, Members of 7 years call and over and Guests: £80.00 per person
- Lincoln’s Inn Members under 7 years call, Students and Guests: £58.00 per person
Ticket prices for members of other Inns:
- Members of Gray’s Inn, Inner Temple & Middle Temple over 7 years Call: £80.00 per person + Eventbrite fees
- Members of Gray’s Inn, Inner Temple & Middle Temple under 7 years call and student members: £58.00 per person + Eventbrite fees
- Guests: £80.00 per person + Eventbrite fees
- Lincoln’s Inn members: Please book with Member Events by 4 pm Monday 10 July
- Members of other Inns: Please book via Eventbrite by 3 pm on Monday 10 July
This event is not a Qualifying Session.
Please note that this will replace the July Council dinner.