At 6 pm on Tuesday 11 July, the Inn is hosting a workshop to help pratising members improve their evidence based applications for advocates’ panel appointments (e.g. Attorney General’s civil panels, CPS and SFO panels in crime) and junior judicial posts (e.g. First Tier Tribunals, Deputy/District Judges, and Recorders).
The event will start with a short panel talk about top tips for evidence based applications. This will be followed by one-to-one review sessions and a networking reception. We will be joined by representatives of the Crown Prosecution Service, Government Legal Department and serving members of the full-time judiciary, all of whom have experience of assessing evidence-based applications.
Venue: Ashworth Centre, Lincoln’s Inn
Talk: 6:00 pm
Form Review Sessions: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Reception: 8:00 pm
If you would like to attend, please sign up by completing and submitting this form before the deadline of Tuesday 4 July at 5pm. In order to participate you must submit either a previous application or a two-page CV, to be reviewed.
The mentors for this evening will include:
- Her Honour Judge Catherine Moore at Maidstone Crown Court
- His Honour Judge Ezzat at Wood Green Crown Court
- His Honour Judge Rimmer at Southwark Crown Court
- Beverly Akinbile – District Crown Prosecutor, and an experienced assessor for the CPS Advocacy Panel
- Andrew Ramsubhag – District Crown Prosecutor, and an experienced assessor for CPS Advocacy Panel
- Claire Francis – Government Legal Department
- Fiona Montgomerie – Government Legal Department
- Sean Wilson – Government Legal Department
Please note this is a free event but advance booking is essential, please sign up here. This event is only open to those currently practising at the Bar of England and Wales.
Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. This event is in-person only but there are plans to support a similar workshop on Circuit at a later date.
There is no dress code for this event and there will be a cloakroom available.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the Member Engagement Team.