Lincoln’s Inn Heritage Fund
From its historic site in central London, the Inn retains its commitment to the teaching, practice and values of the law. For over six hundred years the Inn has performed its principal functions of educating students and providing a professional home for the Bar in a unique and historic setting.
These core functions are funded from our income, but the preservation and refurbishment of our oldest buildings is mainly funded by the generous support of members through the Heritage Fund.
About the Heritage Fund
The Heritage Fund was established in 1986 as a charitable trust to fund repairs and preservation projects to the Inn’s heritage properties, which are the Old Hall, Chapel and Library.
The Fund covers the maintenance, improvement, repair, embellishment, upkeep and preservation of these heritage properties.
It is administered by a board of trustees:
- Mr Francis Barlow QC (Chair)
- Mr Peter Leaver QC
- The Rt Hon Sir David Richards
- Mr Mark Studer
Recent and forthcoming projects
- Conservation of the stained glass windows
- Repairs to the Chapel bell
- New external lighting, including Undercroft area
- Installation of a columbarium for the interment of ashes
- Masonry restoration and conservation
- Stone cleaning
- Regilding of the weathervane
- Redecoration of the cupola
- Repair of internal stonework
- Replacement of condemned roof access equipment
- Brick and stone repointing, plus repairs
- Masonry repairs and replacement
- Brick work repairs and replacement
- Redecoration of window ferramenta
- Redecoration of timber elements
- Glazing repairs
- Provision of new access equipment
- Supply and installation of new external lighting
How you can help
The Heritage Fund relies on the generosity of members of the Inn to complete the work necessary to preserve our unique heritage buildings. You can donate quickly, easily and securely through Just Giving, using the link below.
Gift Aid can be added to your donation if you are a UK tax payer. For example, a donation of £100 plus Gift Aid is worth £128 to the Heritage Fund. Unfortunately, donations from overseas (where no UK tax is paid), corporate donations or legacies do not qualify for Gift Aid.
If you have any queries about donating or Gift Aid, please contact our Accounts team: [email protected].
This and the Inn’s other charitable funds would also benefit considerably from legacies, so please consider this if you are drafting or updating your will.
Lincoln’s Inn Heritage Fund Charity Number: 293662