Notice is hereby given of 6 vacancies on the Bar Representation Committee for a 4-year term between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2023
The Bar Representation Committee provides representation on behalf of those who have been called to the Bar by the Inn and who have not been elected Masters of the Bench. The Committee meets at the Inn 7 times per annum.
Six members of Hall of Lincoln’s Inn must be elected to the Bar Representation Committee this year under the rules of the Committee. The term of membership for those elected shall be four years starting on 1 January 2020 and expiring on 31 December 2023.
If you would like to be part of the Committee you will need to consider which of the newly created four sub-divisions to stand in. These are:
• 1 vacancy for members of 7 years call and under with a current practising certificate in England and Wales (who will automatically be part of both the BRC and the Junior Members Sub-committee).
• 1 vacancy for members with no current practising certificate in England and Wales (encompassing overseas members and English and Welsh members who do not practice in England and Wales but who are called by the Inn).
• 1 vacancy for members of over 7 years call with a current practising certificate in England and Wales at the employed bar.
• 3 vacancies for members of over 7 years call with a current practising certificate in England and Wales at the self-employed bar.
* If you have used ‘Formsite’ before, fill in the information for ‘Returning User’, if not, fill in the information for ‘New User’.
No proposer or seconder is required. The nomination form must be completed in full and must be accompanied by a recent photograph (ideally head and shoulder) of the candidate.
Nomination forms and photos must be received by 4pm (UK time) on Friday 4 October 2019 – electronically via Formsite .
Election Method: The election will be administered by Electoral Reform Services using its Single Transferable Vote counting method. Votes will be cast online and counted electronically. It will be a secret ballot. Further information regarding the counting method is available here.
Ballot: All Hall members of Lincoln’s Inn will be eligible to vote. If you have received this email then you are on the Inn’s mailing list to receive voting information. Voting information, including the list of candidates and instructions on how to cast your vote will be sent by email on Monday 14 October 2019. If you do not receive the email with voting information, please contact the Returning Officer. The deadline for requesting voting information and asserting a right to vote is 4pm on Tuesday 21 October 2019. Any requests received after this time may not be processed in time.
The ballot will close at 4pm (UK time) on Wednesday 25 October 2019.
Declaration: The results will be declared at the Bar Representation AGM of Hall on Monday 4 November 2019.
16 September 2019