The Inn is delighted to be sponsoring the 2022 Bar Council Employed Bar Awards.
The Employed Bar Awards showcase the wealth of talent amongst employed barristers. Launched in 2017, they celebrate the vital contributions that employed barristers make across numerous practice areas.
The Awards are presented for high quality legal advice and an outstanding contribution by employed barristers to the work of their organisations and the law more generally.
The judging panel will include senior members of the profession and judiciary, alongside the Chair of the Bar, Mark Fenhalls QC.
- Awards partner: The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Employed Barrister of the Year: Public Sector: Inner Temple
- Employed Barrister of the Year in a Law Firm: Lincoln’s Inn
- Employed Barrister of the Year in Commerce, Finance or Industry: The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Employed Barrister of the Year in the Armed Forces: BAE Systems
- Employed Legal Team* of the Year: Government Legal Department
The Employed Bar Awards are also sponsored by the Bar Association for Commerce, Finance and Industry (BACFI).
*Any team submission may include other legal professionals but must include at least one employed barrister.
The awards timeline:
- 4 May 2022 – Nominations open.
- 15 June 2022 – Nominations close.
- 14 July 2022 – Shortlist announced.
- 2 September 2022 – Winners announced.
- 20 October 2022 – Employed Bar Awards Dinner.