YJLC’s highly regarded youth justice training for Pupil and Junior Barristers will take place online in May and June 2021. YJLC’s training courses prepare practitioners to provide young people in the criminal justice system with the representation they deserve.
The training is designed for pupils and junior barristers and will take place on Zoom over four sessions and contain ten hours CPD.
The training sessions cover:
- How to communicate and engage effectively with children
- Key youth justice principles and an overview of the youth justice system
- Youth-specific criminal law including out of court disposals, bail and remand, jurisdiction issues, adaptations to the trial process
- The importance of the background and needs of the child
- Specific protections for looked after children and victims of trafficking
- How to identify and address effective participation and fitness to plead issues
- The role of Youth Offending Teams
- The sentencing framework relating to children
- Legal duties owed to children by the courts and the state
Further information and details on how to register can be found on Eventbrite: